Becoming a Member
What makes a person part of the New Calvary Family and Fellowship?
New members are welcomed into the New Calvary family and fellowship in four ways;
- By letter from their previous church and pastor
- By Christian experience
- As a candidate for baptism
- Under Watch Care (when persons are only in the area temporarily)
What is the first step taken for persons after they join the church in one of the four ways mentioned above?
New members participate in the New Calvary Orientation session that is completed in three weeks. If there is only one member, the pastor will give the orientation covering all areas in one meeting.
- Week One- Meet with the pastor to discuss personal spiritual development and to learn about church’s mission and ministries.
- Week Two- Meet with the Deacon’s designee to learn about church structure and processes.
- Week Three- Meet with the Trustee’s designee to learn about church finances and facilities.
What is it that unites individual members and families into the New Calvary Family and Fellowship?
Members of New Calvary are united by our common core beliefs that are based upon the Word of God, belief in the Trinity- Father, Son and Holy Spirit and a confession of Jesus Christ as the Savior of the World. We also practice these beliefs in the following four areas;
- Christian Education– “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
- Christian Mission– “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28: 19,20
- Praise and Worship– “I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me and let us exalt his name together.” Psalms 34: 1-3
- Family Growth– “Hear O Israel: The Lord our God, is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and strength…Impress them on your children….Write them on the doorframes of your houses.” Deuteronomy 6:4-9